Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Service
The Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Service provides free specialised search and reunion services to intercountry adoptees and adoptive parents, including those adopted through expatriate adoption arrangements. The service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and is delivered by International Social Service (ISS) Australia.
ISS Australia’s experienced intercountry adoption tracing and reunification specialists assist intercountry adoptees to navigate the often complex journey of accessing their records and searching for their birth family overseas, including support as they begin and progress through the complex reunification process. Privacy and confidentiality is paramount in delivering this service by qualified professionals skilled in understanding complex intercountry adoption issues.
The Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Services include:
- Information, support and counselling to intercountry adoptees and adoptive parents regarding their decision to trace birth family
- Tracing birth family overseas through the resources of the ISS network and other relevant agencies in the adoptee’s country of origin
- Guidance and support to intercountry adoptees considering or undertaking independent tracing of their birth family
- Counselling and support to intercountry adoptees, adoptive parents and birth families as they begin and progress through the complex reunification process
- Referrals to specialised services and support networks, where appropriate.
Services are provided free of charge and can be accessed by phoning 1300 657 843 (local call cost) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org